Tennis Cincinnati Masters to welcome back full capacity fans – organizers

(Reuters) – The Cincinnati Masters organizers said Thursday that they plan to hold the August tournament in town and at full capacity for fans.

The Cincinnati Masters took place in a bio-safe bubble with no fans after the organizers were forced to move the tournament to Flushing Meadows ahead of last year’s US Open due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“In accordance with instructions from local government officials, we are excited to welcome fans back to the Western & Southern Open,” said Katie Haas, the tournament’s chief operating officer, in a statement.

“The fans bring so much energy and excitement to our event and we really missed them last year. We look forward to returning to Cincinnati and welcoming our fans to this year’s tournament. “

Organizers said tickets for the tournament, which runs from August 14-22, will go on sale on June 3rd.

Reporting by Rohith Nair in Bengaluru; Arrangement by Toby Davis

Comments are closed.